This May we are having a Massage and Sports Injury treatment SALE!!
Its this time of year we need to free out all the tension, aches, knots and pains from the winter months.
Massage has many benefits;
Massage can be a powerful tool to help you take charge of your health and well-being. If you’ve never tried massage, learn about its possible health benefits and what to expect during a massage therapy session.
What is massage?
Massage is a general term for pressing, rubbing and manipulating your skin, muscles, tendons and ligaments. Massage may range from light stroking to deep pressure. There are many different types of massage, including these common types:
- Swedish massage. This is a gentle form of massage that uses long strokes, kneading, deep circular movements, vibration and tapping to help relax and energize you.
- Deep massage. This massage technique uses slower, more-forceful strokes to target the deeper layers of muscle and connective tissue, commonly to help with muscle damage from injuries.
- Sports massage. This is similar to Swedish massage, but it’s geared toward people involved in sport activities to help prevent or treat injuries.
- Trigger point massage. This massage focuses on areas of tight muscle fibers that can form in your muscles after injuries or overuse.
Benefits of massage;
Massage is generally considered part of complementary and alternative medicine. It’s increasingly being offered along with standard treatment for a wide range of medical conditions and situations.
Studies of the benefits of massage demonstrate that it is an effective treatment for reducing stress, pain and muscle tension.
Massage may also be helpful for:
- Digestive disorders
- Insomnia related to stress
- Myofascial pain syndrome
- Soft tissue strains or injuries
- Sports injuries
- Temporomandibular joint pain
SPRING Massage SALE
Legs Rubdown 20 mins – €15
Neck, Back & Shoulders Massage 30 mins – €25
Swedish Relaxation Massage 30 Mins – €20
Swedish Relaxation Massage 60 mins – €35
Treatment of Injured Area 30 mins – €25
Treatment of Injured Area, 60 mins – €40
“I attended JP Baggott at Killeline Sports Snjury Clinic recently in connection with a calf injury.
This was the 2nd time the injury had flared up. About 2 months ago I had the same injury & attended two physio sessions to help recovery. Once I felt the injury improve, I thought rest & stretching would do the remainder. How wrong I was!
About a week back to running the injury flared up again, this time worse than the first time. I had four sessions with JP & I could feel the improvement as the sessions went by. My injury is now fully healed and I am back running freely again.”